Welcoming New Opinion Leaders
The Grolsch Swingtop Circle has grown yet again after new Opinion Leaders were welcomed into the award-winning programme last Thursday, the 6th of September at the SLOW Lounge at The Radisson Hotel in Sandton.
Our dedicated brand ambassadors Lebo and Quintin welcomed the new mavericks and gave them an official introduction to the Swingtop Circle. Lebo explained that the programme is essentially a community of like-minded individuals with distinct characteristics, and that the Opinion Leaders have probably ended up where they are today because of the unconventional choices they have taken in their lives so far. He went on to explain that Grolsch seeks to facilitate networking between the Opinion Leaders because of the collective potential they represent.
When asked to introduce themselves and share some piece of advice that they had learnt in business, the new Opinion Leaders certainly had some inspiring and entertaining things to say. Here were some of the highlights:
- Mutsai (media entrepreneur): What I have learnt in business is what Richard Branson says – “Screw it lets do it”.
- Lesedi (attorney): Make sure that your legal stuff is in tact! Even if you get into business with your old lady, get that agreement down on paper because what may happen in the future is not necessarily in your own hands.
- Xolani (founder member of two companies) People in SA are hungry for innovation!
- Joel Phiri (film maker): You’re never too old to reinvent yourself.
- J Paul Green: I would rather earn 1% of 100 peoples’ efforts than 100% of 1 person’s efforts.
- Manya (works for Microsoft): I am really in love with this continent and there is a lot of passion out there, so I think you should start moving into Africa.
- Sanele (business owner): The cake is very big… Let’s work together and not judge each other. Let’s enjoy what we do and create employment and lead the country to greater success.
- Tshepo (SuperSport presenter): It’s our responsibility to pick up the baton and pass on our knowledge. It’s our responsibility to get involved and pay it back.
- Zakhele (entertainment entrepreneur): The world doesn’t owe you anything. Find your passion, follow it and do it. It’s not always going to be easy, but learn from the bad times for you to create the better times.
- Khongisa (business owner): What I have learnt in business is to have heart.
- Thabang Thelele (logistics): Let’s meet, let’s share ideas, let’s share the cake.
- Jarred (social strategist): We need to create a generation of success. The future of success depends of it. The best way of giving back is by being successful yourself.
- Chilu (radio presenter): Instinctively each one of us wants to give back.
The inspiring evening was concluded with a short talk from existing Swingtop Circle member, Christopher Bongo, who shared with the guys some of his positive experiences after joining the programme. He stressed the importance of making connections and networking as together we can do more.
We look forward to getting to know our new Opinion Leaders better, and watch as their connections produce fruitful relationships.